shared by anna-reinbold via visual.ly
The Primal Blog
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssYYb-DD2kc&w=640&h=480] Here's a short clip on how to introduce a new puppy or puppies into your pack, this by no way the complete way to introduce a new pup so more information please email us at email@example.com
To set up a FREE evaluation give us a call at 408.250.0026.
Join The Pack - Instagram - @primalcanine Twitter - @primalcanine Facebook - /primalcanine
Another great share from the Buzzfeed community.
1. You go to your local animal shelter, JUST TO LOOK.
2. You mosey past cages of canines—Big ones, small ones, puppies.
3. But then one particular pooch starts wagging his tail in your direction. He might stick his paw through an opening in the kennel, or offer your hand a soft lick.
4. Time stops for a moment, and then you realize: YOU’RE IN LOVE.
5. But you decide you need some time to really think about how having a dog would change your life. It’s a big deal!
6. Five minutes seems to be enough. You tell the volunteer you want to adopt, and she says you can pick up the little rascal tomorrow.
7. You go home and type up a list of everything you’ll need: leash, collar, water bowl, food, maybe a toy.
8. You can barely sleep you’re so excited to get your hands on the little guy.
9. You arrive at the shelter right when they open, and there he is—tongue panting, tail wagging—waiting for you.
10. You embrace, his paws wrap gleefully around your neck, and you depart the shelter as owner and dog.
11. You attempt to get him to sit in the passenger seat of the car, but he’s all over the place, clawing at the window, jumping on your lap and scavengering the floor for crumbs.
12. You stop off at the pet store and realize there’s a lot more you need to get: A dog bed, a brush, treats, medication, a harness, special shampoo…the list is endless, but you shell out the cash anyways.
13. When you get home, the new pup immediately relieves himself on the rug. Bad Fido!
14. While you’re cleaning up the mess, he ingests an earring that had fallen behind your dresser.
15. You rush him to the animal hospital, and a few hundred dollars and an hour later, he’s A OK.
16. Exhausted, you settle into bed, creating a cozy nest of pillows and blankets in his crate for him to sleep.
17. But he doesn’t want anything to do with his crate if you’re not in it. Headstrong, you tell yourself you will not let him on the bed.
18. OK, maybe just this once.
19. The next morning you awake to two paws on your face. You glance at the clock, 5:30 am, and try to coax him back to sleep. But he just wants to play!
20. After an hour of restlessness, you both get up and start the day. The first few weeks are tough, with more “accidents” and adjustments for you both. You start to rethink getting a dog.
21. But soon you have a routine going.
22. You even start to teach him tricks!
23. Good boy, Fido!
24. And at the end of the day, he’s always there, wagging his tail and anxiously waiting for you to indulge him in a snuggle and belly rub.
25. Soon enough, you can’t remember how you ever lived without him!
When I caught the frisbee at the park today, my Best Buddy called me a good boy. That was awesome. Tomorrow I’m gonna be a best boy.
What if there were no doors? I could go ANYWHERE. To the dog food store. To the dog park. To the tennis ball store. To the place where all the squirrels live.
Oh, my God. I actually caught my tail. Oh my God. This is great. What do I do with it.
THERE ARE A MILLION TENNIS BALLS HERE. THEY’RE EVERYWHERE. THEY THROW THEMSELVES. AM I IN HEAVEN.
Thank you for walking me, Best Buddy! What’s that, you say? You want to walk for another eight hours? Wonderful!
Wanna go to the park? YES. Wanna go to the park? YES. Wanna go to the park? YES. Wanna go to the park? YES. Wanna go to the park? YES.
Look at all these windows!! I’m going to stick my head out of ALL OF THEM!!
I’m inventing a game called RACE MY BEST BUDDY. You run and run and run until you can’t run anymore. Loser gets his face licked. Winner gets his face licked, too.
Everything squeaks when I chew on it. It’s a miracle.
The park is so beautiful at dusk! Such a colorful sunset! Black…white…gray………little red in there…
I know how to spell “treat.” Best Buddy thinks that when he says “T-R-E-A-T,” I don’t know what he’s talking about. But I do. Boy, do I love treats.
Where do humans come from? Humans are great.
What if the dog park is the real world and everywhere else is just a people park??
click the link to see the great site that provided this - http://www.instructables.com/id/Y-SHAPED-DOG-TUG-TOSS-TOY/
Step 1: Materials & Tools
These easy to make colorful rope toys are great for any size dog.
"Y" SHAPED DOG TUG & TOSS TOYProject Cost $1.68 (100' of rope at $7.00 = $0.07 a foot; Project 24' x $0.07 = $1.68)
Check out my basic version of this toy at Dog Toys for Heavy Chewers
If you are having trouble tying the knot see my video BASIC KNOT VIDEO
(If you are concerned with your dog ingesting the nylon rope, natural 3/8" jute rope can be used instead) WARNING
Please discard if toy becomes damaged or torn. Not intended for children. Should be used for chewing & playing only. Supervision is recommended when dogs are playing with toys.
We came across this article on Buzzfeed.com and thought we'd share it with you, let us know what you think comment below!
1. “Dog Collar”
2. Knitted Doggy Tutu
3. Doggy Kimono
4. Ombré Dog Leash
5. Suitcase Dog Bed
6. Tennis Ball Toy
Use an old shirt to make this little octopus toy. As a bonus, it’ll drive your pup crazy because it smells like you!
7. Easy Dog Biscuits
8. Metal Stamped Dog tags
9. Little Leg Warmers
In Households with multiple dogs it is extremely important to build proper pack structure to decrease the amount of dog fights over ranking. The dogs that get more "privileges" are going to be known as a higher ranking pack member, for lower ranking dogs this presents a challenge and being that dogs are pack animals they will test the higher ranking dogs if not properly trained. This video is one of many videos we will be releasing about pack structure.
For more information visit www.PrimalCanine.com
We came across this funny post by Buzzfeed.com and thought we'd share it with you guys. Enjoy,
1. This dog who hopes if he stares at you long enough, you won’t notice the mistake to his left.
2. These very lovely ladies.
3. This asshole trying to start a fight.
4. This whole family who broke into your house to steal your crepes.
5. This punk who has too high of an opinion of youths.
6. This dog clearly trying to sell these innocent children drugs.
7. This guy who is super good at stealing because he knows to act calm and casual.
8. This dog clearly out to steal your job.
9. This dog trying to sneak out after midnight.
10. This pug who will not allow anyone into his Kingdom or onto his slide.
11. This dog who plans to make the call from inside the house.
12. This dog who just sharted. And loved it.
13. This dog who is plotting her revenge on the red-framed one.
14. This dog dressed up as a snake to scare you.
15. This snaggletoothed lobster who clearly wants to fight you at any chance given.
16. This pug who wanted to steal some snacks from the kitchen but you were there and had to ruin it.
17. This dog who will blame all of her farts on you.
18. This pug who is just waiting for you to leave so he can catch the last pokemon and claim all the glory.
19. This expert spy.
20. This dog who is upping his anti-bath revolutionary tactics.
21. This super sleuth, distracting you so he can steal your wallet.
22. Never trust a man in a Speedo.
23. This dachshund who employs a “sneak attack” method to get his damn money back.
24. This warrior.
25. This thief who believes slow and steady wins the race/pizza.
26. This dog who will peer into your soul, seeing things that cannot be unseen.
27. This chihuahua who will mess.you.up.
28. This underage dog who is drunk as hell.
29. This dog who plans to steal this tortoise’s shell, fully aware of “Squatter’s Rights”.
30. This dog who just put saran wrap on your toilet seat.
31. This dog who overheard you saying you plan to “eat healthier”, so he raided the fridge for all the steaks before you threw them out, you monster.
32. Finally, this Frenchie who will sled at all costs.