Just like hard-working humans, some dogs have talents and specialties that make them valuable (and cute) members of society! They serve as police officers, farmers, therapists, medical assistants, protectors, heroes, and so much more! This infographic explores why working dogs are so special.Read More
The Primal Blog
We found this awesome article on Buzzfeed.com and thought we'd share it with you, enjoy!
1. Pit bulls are stereotyped as a vicious, untrustworthy breed.
2. Anyone looking at this face can tell that beneath it lies nothing but love.
3. No one deserves to be judged for their stereotype.
4. Come on, look at that smile.
5. Unfortunately, their strength and insensitivity to pain leads to being exploited by humans and made to fight.
There is also a rumor that pit bulls have “locking jaws” that make them a fearsome breed. While these dogs do have a strong jaw, their jaws do not physiologically lock. This is a behavioral trait specific to the dog itself, NOT the breed as a whole.
6. …which is heartbreaking once you realize violence is not in their nature but merely a trait taught to them.
7. Because pit bulls have been bred to be “fighting dogs,” they may require a little extra socialization and TLC during puppyhood.
The ASPCA asserts, “The best way to prevent the development of aggressive behavior toward other dogs is to focus on early socialization… Despite the fact that pit bulls were bred to fight with each other, early breeders took pride in producing dogs that were trustworthy and friendly to people.”
8. Remember: “There are no bad breeds, just bad (or uninformed) owners.”
9. The breed is often regarded as loyal.
10. Let’s stop and talk about this hero who took a bullet for his owner.
Don’t worry! He survived.
11. They also love to cuddle.
12. And smile!
13. They have some of the best smiles in the world.
14. The AKC confirms the breed’s propensity toward “courage and intelligence.”
15. Rumor has it, they give some pretty grand hugs.
16. And love and respect their mothers as every child should.
17. Did we stop and talk about their smiles yet?
18. This pit bull with his best friends — cat and many chicks — should make you second guess the pit bull’s supposed “inherent volatile nature.”
19. Pit bulls are eager to please their humans.
20. Some are very polite.
21. Some are cooler than you’ll ever be…
22. …way cooler.
23. But they’ll hang out with you just the same.
24. Many adoring pit bull owners assert that their dogs have a great sense of humor.
25. They are certainly not afraid of being derp-tastic.
26. Hey, remember when this happened?
Yes, this is real life, and yes, he is a pit bull.
27. Here’s one showing off her preferred method of fighting.
28. One of many examples of pit bulls taking part in interspecies friendship.
29. They’re actually extremely patient.
30. Which makes them great family dogs.
The AKC sites the breed standard as having “affection for its friends, and children in particular…off-duty quietness and trustworthy stability.” More than that, the ASPCAspeaks to their roots as family dogs, given the nickname “nurse’s maid” because of their sweetness with children.
31. Fiona Apple, on her pit bull, Janet: “She is my best friend and my mother and my daughter, my benefactor, and she’s the one who taught me what love is.”
32. This pit bull introducing her new babies to her human’s baby fills us up with so many feels.
33. Basically, pit bulls can be your best friends.
34. So maybe we should all think twice before judging this entire breed…
35. And give them the love they deserve.
36. Can we get once last “Awwww”?
We came across this funny post by Buzzfeed.com and thought we'd share it with you guys. Enjoy,
1. This dog who hopes if he stares at you long enough, you won’t notice the mistake to his left.
2. These very lovely ladies.
3. This asshole trying to start a fight.
4. This whole family who broke into your house to steal your crepes.
5. This punk who has too high of an opinion of youths.
6. This dog clearly trying to sell these innocent children drugs.
7. This guy who is super good at stealing because he knows to act calm and casual.
8. This dog clearly out to steal your job.
9. This dog trying to sneak out after midnight.
10. This pug who will not allow anyone into his Kingdom or onto his slide.
11. This dog who plans to make the call from inside the house.
12. This dog who just sharted. And loved it.
13. This dog who is plotting her revenge on the red-framed one.
14. This dog dressed up as a snake to scare you.
15. This snaggletoothed lobster who clearly wants to fight you at any chance given.
16. This pug who wanted to steal some snacks from the kitchen but you were there and had to ruin it.
17. This dog who will blame all of her farts on you.
18. This pug who is just waiting for you to leave so he can catch the last pokemon and claim all the glory.
19. This expert spy.
20. This dog who is upping his anti-bath revolutionary tactics.
21. This super sleuth, distracting you so he can steal your wallet.
22. Never trust a man in a Speedo.
23. This dachshund who employs a “sneak attack” method to get his damn money back.
24. This warrior.
25. This thief who believes slow and steady wins the race/pizza.
26. This dog who will peer into your soul, seeing things that cannot be unseen.
27. This chihuahua who will mess.you.up.
28. This underage dog who is drunk as hell.
29. This dog who plans to steal this tortoise’s shell, fully aware of “Squatter’s Rights”.
30. This dog who just put saran wrap on your toilet seat.
31. This dog who overheard you saying you plan to “eat healthier”, so he raided the fridge for all the steaks before you threw them out, you monster.
32. Finally, this Frenchie who will sled at all costs.