The Primal Blog
Dogs may be a man’s best friend. But a dog’s best friend is NOT the hand that feeds it or cleans up its poop — it’s an unassuming, inanimate yellow ball.
Have you ever seen anything more pure than a dog’s unimpeachable and unconditional love for a tennis ball?
Have you ever seen a dog stare passionately at tennis ball like there was nothing else in the world?
Everywhere a dog goes, sure enough, there’s a tennis ball or two beside them.
Because tennis balls don’t judge them for ruining a pair of delicious leather shoes.
Tennis balls don’t put you in a cage for peeing on the carpet. They go to the cage with you.
That’s because the tennis ball will never let them down. It’ll take the slobber and the bite marks, but it’ll always come back.
As the Good Book clearly says, God made Adam, then Eve, then dogs, and then tennis balls.
And dogs will pay their friends, the tennis balls, back in return.
They will go to great lengths, and under great legs, for their ball.
They’ll dive headfirst into the unknown in search of their beloved pal.
And you can be damn sure they’ll protect their tennis ball like a mama bear protects its cubs.
Dogs and tennis balls have crossed oceans together.
It’s a love that has opened the door to inter-species communication.
Dogs and tennis balls know how to balance the demands of life and their friendship because they understand each other.
Dogs bring their tennis balls to the beach with them and they never have to worry about tennis balls staring at other more-in-shape dogs behind their sunglasses.
Because a dog’s love for a tennis ball is forever.
It’s a love you can’t fake.
It’s a love that will take you to magical new places.
It’s something that sets your heart free…
It’s real love.
40. This dog who refused to take a good family picture.
39. This guy who got cut from the baseball team immediately after this photo was taken.
38. This gal who mistakenly thought this was the best way to get let back in the house.
37. This champion.
36. This dog who got a little too curious.
35. This awkward butt situation.
34. This dog who insisted on maintaining eye contact every time he took a dump this year.
32. This strange dancer.
31. This husky who just wants you to see how clean his teeth are.
30. This guy who never asks what YOU do in your free time.
29. This dog who forgot how to catch.
28. This dog who still hasn’t wrapped his head around the concept of “too big.”
27. This guy who ended up in the back of the wrong car.
26. This dog who just wants to be a sk8er boi.
25. This guy who doesn’t care if you think he’s being “rude” or “awkward.”
24. This Chihuahua who made a huge mistake but is too proud to admit it.
23. This guy who insisted on watching TV like this even though it makes everyone uncomfortable.
22. This dog who has no idea how he got here but he wants out.
21. This dog who refused to go through the other door, making his kids embarrassed every.time.
20. This dog who had no concept of “space” or “doorways.”
19. This dog who isn’t even shocked, she just looks like this.
18. This guy who tried to start a new trend but it just wasn’t happening.
17. This dog who saw Gigli for the first time this year.
16. The uninvited pizza guest who just wanted to stare you down every time you had a slice.
15. This dog who was caught trying to catch a ride.
14. The dog who will take the training wheels off when he’s damn well ready, OK?
13. This potted plant.
12. This failed father-son game of catch.
11. These hungover messes, who made everyone at the wedding feel awkward.
10. This dog who forgot what was real and what was fake.
8. This dachshund who got a little too cozy in a sweatshirt.
7. This awkward “hug, handshake or kiss on the cheek?” situation.
6. This smart, if awkward problem solver.
5. This pug who regrets ever letting you talk him into this.
4. This pup who got trapped in a bowl and couldn’t get out, summarizing why puppies are the best.
3. This awkwardly adorable smile that melts hearts at a moment’s notice.
2. The first dog ever to get confused by a treat.
1. Finally, this dog trying not to sneeze.
Buzzfeed published this great video titled "6 Reasons You Need A Puppy", so in case your on the fence about getting a new pup watch this video and then run to the nearest animal shelter and adopt your new furry friend haha. Enjoy, [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozTdSpVun78&w=640&h=480]
We found this awesome article on Buzzfeed.com and thought we'd share it with you, enjoy!
1. Pit bulls are stereotyped as a vicious, untrustworthy breed.
2. Anyone looking at this face can tell that beneath it lies nothing but love.
3. No one deserves to be judged for their stereotype.
4. Come on, look at that smile.
5. Unfortunately, their strength and insensitivity to pain leads to being exploited by humans and made to fight.
There is also a rumor that pit bulls have “locking jaws” that make them a fearsome breed. While these dogs do have a strong jaw, their jaws do not physiologically lock. This is a behavioral trait specific to the dog itself, NOT the breed as a whole.
6. …which is heartbreaking once you realize violence is not in their nature but merely a trait taught to them.
7. Because pit bulls have been bred to be “fighting dogs,” they may require a little extra socialization and TLC during puppyhood.
The ASPCA asserts, “The best way to prevent the development of aggressive behavior toward other dogs is to focus on early socialization… Despite the fact that pit bulls were bred to fight with each other, early breeders took pride in producing dogs that were trustworthy and friendly to people.”
8. Remember: “There are no bad breeds, just bad (or uninformed) owners.”
9. The breed is often regarded as loyal.
10. Let’s stop and talk about this hero who took a bullet for his owner.
Don’t worry! He survived.
11. They also love to cuddle.
12. And smile!
13. They have some of the best smiles in the world.
14. The AKC confirms the breed’s propensity toward “courage and intelligence.”
15. Rumor has it, they give some pretty grand hugs.
16. And love and respect their mothers as every child should.
17. Did we stop and talk about their smiles yet?
18. This pit bull with his best friends — cat and many chicks — should make you second guess the pit bull’s supposed “inherent volatile nature.”
19. Pit bulls are eager to please their humans.
20. Some are very polite.
21. Some are cooler than you’ll ever be…
22. …way cooler.
23. But they’ll hang out with you just the same.
24. Many adoring pit bull owners assert that their dogs have a great sense of humor.
25. They are certainly not afraid of being derp-tastic.
26. Hey, remember when this happened?
Yes, this is real life, and yes, he is a pit bull.
27. Here’s one showing off her preferred method of fighting.
28. One of many examples of pit bulls taking part in interspecies friendship.
29. They’re actually extremely patient.
30. Which makes them great family dogs.
The AKC sites the breed standard as having “affection for its friends, and children in particular…off-duty quietness and trustworthy stability.” More than that, the ASPCAspeaks to their roots as family dogs, given the nickname “nurse’s maid” because of their sweetness with children.
31. Fiona Apple, on her pit bull, Janet: “She is my best friend and my mother and my daughter, my benefactor, and she’s the one who taught me what love is.”
32. This pit bull introducing her new babies to her human’s baby fills us up with so many feels.
33. Basically, pit bulls can be your best friends.
34. So maybe we should all think twice before judging this entire breed…
35. And give them the love they deserve.
36. Can we get once last “Awwww”?
We came across this funny post by Buzzfeed.com and thought we'd share it with you guys. Enjoy,
1. This dog who hopes if he stares at you long enough, you won’t notice the mistake to his left.
2. These very lovely ladies.
3. This asshole trying to start a fight.
4. This whole family who broke into your house to steal your crepes.
5. This punk who has too high of an opinion of youths.
6. This dog clearly trying to sell these innocent children drugs.
7. This guy who is super good at stealing because he knows to act calm and casual.
8. This dog clearly out to steal your job.
9. This dog trying to sneak out after midnight.
10. This pug who will not allow anyone into his Kingdom or onto his slide.
11. This dog who plans to make the call from inside the house.
12. This dog who just sharted. And loved it.
13. This dog who is plotting her revenge on the red-framed one.
14. This dog dressed up as a snake to scare you.
15. This snaggletoothed lobster who clearly wants to fight you at any chance given.
16. This pug who wanted to steal some snacks from the kitchen but you were there and had to ruin it.
17. This dog who will blame all of her farts on you.
18. This pug who is just waiting for you to leave so he can catch the last pokemon and claim all the glory.
19. This expert spy.
20. This dog who is upping his anti-bath revolutionary tactics.
21. This super sleuth, distracting you so he can steal your wallet.
22. Never trust a man in a Speedo.
23. This dachshund who employs a “sneak attack” method to get his damn money back.
24. This warrior.
25. This thief who believes slow and steady wins the race/pizza.
26. This dog who will peer into your soul, seeing things that cannot be unseen.
27. This chihuahua who will mess.you.up.
28. This underage dog who is drunk as hell.
29. This dog who plans to steal this tortoise’s shell, fully aware of “Squatter’s Rights”.
30. This dog who just put saran wrap on your toilet seat.
31. This dog who overheard you saying you plan to “eat healthier”, so he raided the fridge for all the steaks before you threw them out, you monster.
32. Finally, this Frenchie who will sled at all costs.